If you order from me, I will assume you read, understood and agree to these terms.
01 - General terms
• Prices are subject to change based on demand.
• I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
02 - Payment
• Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
• Please wait to send payment until your commission request has been accepted and a payment request has been made.
03 - Process and delivery
• The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week - 2 months depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, other work, etc.
• Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product for digital commissions. If you would like your artwork to be printed on anything, please ask about my rates.
• You will receive a full-resolution file (approx. 210 x 297 mm at 300 DPI) of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG.
04 - Revisions
• Depending on the type of commission you choose and how complex it is, the amount of revisions will be different.
- A pencil commission: you will get to see the rough sketch and request major alterations, then you will get a final sketch for minor alterations before receiving the finished piece.
- A digital commission: you will get to see the rough sketch and request major alterations, then you will receive the line work for medium alterations and finally you will get to revise the final piece for minor changes.
- A digital monochrome commission: You will get to see the rough sketch for major alterations and you may request minor alterations on the finished piece.
• Should you want to make changes to the final drawing, a fee will be charged. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage.
• If your reference is unclear to start with changes will come at an extra charge.
05 - Copyright and usage
• I, MadModesty (the artist):
- I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason
- I retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork
- I will NOT clam the intellectual property (IP) of the commissioned artwork
- I will NOT profit further from the commissioned artwork, unless you (the client) break any of the terms.
- I reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in publications such as art books.
• You (the client)
- You may upload the commissioned artwork on any website and social channels.
- You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, uploading to Print-On-Demand-services, make prints, etc.)
- You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the artist's) consent.
- You MAY be allowed to sell the artwork if it is a part of an Adoptable. Please discuss this with me prior to paying for the artwork.
- You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP).
- You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes.
• The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially - means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- In some cases, the commercial rights to the image may be purchased.